Extra Spicy Warm Comfort Chili
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
* A) 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 large chopped onion, 4 thinly
sliced garlic cloves
* B) 1 med diced carrot, 1 diced green pepper, 1 habanero (or 2
jalepeno peoppers), minced
* C) 1 teaspoon coriander
* D) 1.5 tablespoon ground cumin
* E) 1/2 tablespoon oregano
* F) 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* G) 1 tablespoon chili powder
* H) 3 veggie burgers, crumbled
* I) 1/2 frozen tofu cake, crumbled
* J) 1 28oz can diced tomatoes, 1 15oz can red kidney beans, 1 15
oz can pinto beans
* K) 3/4 cup vegan lager beer, 2/3 cup veg broth, 3 tablespoon BBQ
* L) 1 teaspoon sugar, 2/3 cup tomato paste, 2 tablespoon Masa
Harina (corn flour used in Mexican cooking to make corn tortillas,
tamales and other corn-based doughs)
* M) 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder,
favorite hot sauce
* N) shredded vegan cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro, salt/pepper to
In large saute pan over medium heat, sautee A and B until veggies are
soft (about 8 min). Add C-G and mix well. Cover and cook for 3 min.
Stir in H and I, cook several minutes partially covered until heated
Meanwhile in large soup pot, mix together J-M. stir occasionally
uncovered over medium high heat.
Transfer the saute pan ingredients (veggies, tofu, "burger") over to
soup pot. Stir well.
Simmer partially covered for 1 hour.
Add salt/pepper to taste. Serve in bowls topped with shredded cheese
and cilantro. Enjoy!
Serves: 6 - 8
Preparation time: 2.5 hours